THE PLIGHT OF MISISI-RESIDENTS…


‘I am heartbroken because I know this is the face of poverty”
Lusaka's Misisi Compound
Of late, I went to see a friend in Misisi compound. The inhumane conditions moved me to write. I saw children playing and swimming in grey water besides a drunken man urinating in the water.
I am pained by the experience of desperate poverty. It comes to my attenuation that we are doing nothing to help rather condemning them. The real message of Jesus is to get down from the pulpit to demonstrate what real love is made of.
Love in action is much more power than a sermon. Words are forgotten but actions endure. That’s why Mother Theresa said: “The biggest poverty is loneliness and the feeling of being unloved.”
Each and every one of us has a calling from God. We do not need to wait to cross an ocean in order to fill it. There is someone right besides us who needs our care and understanding.
There is always someone in need who shown a little bit of goodness, will begin to see the light at the end of tunnel of pain and suffering that is hope and peace. The message is to give without excuse.
The activist
Walu-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE FACE OF ZAMBIAN TWINS: ‘Joel and Noel’

CHIBOMBO BOARDING SECONDARY SCHOOL